Saturday, October 16, 2010

Labit Restaurant in Shibuya Tokyo


Went to this really unique restaurant in Shibuya the other day to celebrate the birthday of 2 very close friends of mine. It was about 10 mins walk from Shibuya station right after you turn the corner of a main street. Seems to be a bar in the night where they also serve lunch in the afternoons. It is called rabbit in japanese, but the english name is in 'Labit'. The interiors are a mixed of rabbits items & old english interiors. Gives you a little fantasy going up the stairs, bringing you back to the old days of childhood dreams.
Food were also served in a very unique way, having it beautifully decorated. I'm not so in to my main dish which was grilled fish. But the first plates were awlsome. Most of them were made with avocado, combination of western and japanese. Like the avocado tofu mousse that goes with the soya sauce and salted cod roe mixed with mashed potatos were so great that inspired me to try to make some myself too!! I think atmosphere also counts a lot for a good meal, where we did spend hours enjoying the food and the little lady talks!! Well, I think I must start up with the re-decoration on my house too!!

1 comment:

IzzyInBliss said...

How funny that it's actually called "Labit" in English! Sounds like a nice European restaurant, more mysterious than "Rabbit" for sure. Atmosphere does make a difference. Good luck on your house re-decoration!