Monday, February 1, 2010

Ghibli 2010 Summer Release

The new Ghibli film is going to launch in this summer 2010. By just translating the tile, it will be -  'Arriety's living by borrowing'. (Karigurashi) But it will be more appropriate if it is 'Arriety, the Borrower'. Seems like Mr. Miyazaki likes the sound of 'Arriety', but insist to have the theme 'live by borrowing' in the tile. This is a film reflecting the life that may occur in japan now... where the finance is bad, Mr. Miyazaki thinks that living by borrowing will be a new life style. 
I actually like the idea of that... not in a poor and sad way, but just like the 'Smarfs' I used to see when I was young. A warm community to share or exchange what you have to make a living. And not just goods, but also communicate and share feelings with each other... Hmm, sounds like back to the old days where there is no thing such as 'money'. Is life now better, or the past is more worth living in?

1 comment:

IzzyInBliss said...

This made me think of "The Borrowers," books by Mary Norton that I read as a kid. Sure enough, after Googling it, I found out that the film is indeed based on the book! I can't wait to see it. The last Studio Ghibli film I saw, Ponyo, was a little too childish for my taste. In fact, my husband and I felt a little weird at the theatre, as we were the only people without very young children!