Friday, March 26, 2010

Interesting Japanese Culture



A few weeks ago, the empty ground of a teared down apartment that lies a few meters from our house started to have its new construction. And the construction company's people came over to pay a visit saying that they will start constructing the area where noises and inconvenience may be caused. And what amazed me most is that they give out this small gifts as an apology!! While my in-laws house is just around the corner, they too got a same set of gift!! This is my first experience. 

In the Hong Kong way thinking: no choice, everyone have the right to construct their area, as long as it is under the instructed time line. But the Japanese are so far way too polite to think that they are making a big inconvenience to the neighbors. Don't you think this is incredible?! I will understand more if it is the owner of the new apartment. To me, it seems to be a wired expense for the construction company!!

No comments: