Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wardrobe for a Mad Woman

Madam Wong, one of the characters in my next film idea, is a fallen fashion icon gone mad in mourning. She roams the neighborhood in outrageous, crazy outfits, often with children laughing and jeering her on.

At the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit, many of his latter, sculptural creations got me excited. I began to see Madam Wong's shameless outfits take shape. It's her form of extreme mourning.

Here are some photos scoured from the Internet for this "scrapbook" page for reference in designing Madam Wong's wardrobe. They include some modern designs "inspired" by Balenciaga.





This wedding dress design, based on a nun's outfit, reminds me of Chinese mourning clothes for women, where they wear a white hooded outfit made of hemp sack. I can see Madam Wong in something like this for the funeral service for her son.


1 comment:

blueberrydream said...

now I got the idea what you meant by '黄婆' :)