Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Notice Board?? Folder??


Here is another Japanese culture that I would like to share. We don't have this in Hong Kong, how about in your country?

This is a notice folder that will be going around the district you lived in. So you will know what kind of events will be held, and how was the annual district fee been used. (for our district, it is around 3000 yen a year.) According to different district, the fee will be different. Some districts have traditional festivals which may cost more. However, I only come up to this after we bought the house. We did not get this when we were renting a flat. 

Don't you think this system is awesome? This helps to link up the relationship with your neighbor hood. I think it is so warm and nice. I know it is quite troublesome when it is your turn to be the leader of the year, or you have to attend road patrol for the school kids during safety traffic events. But I think this is a good route to help to reminds us that we are not living by ourselves, and everyone is responsible for tidying and helping out children in the place we lived. 

At the same time, this also reminds me of someone saying that Kyoto is a very beautiful place where people are really very kind to foreigners. But, if you are an outsider (even for japanese) planning to live in Kyoto, it will be rather difficult to fit in. I didn't realized why before, but I think I know now!!

No comments: